Contrec 415C Analogue and Frequency Input Steam to Condensate Flow Computer Product Highlights
- In steam heating applications, where the condensate is returned without loss to the boiler, the Model 415C Steam computer provides a convenient method to measure the Net Energy used in the system.
- A flowmeter in the steam line together with temperature and pressure sensors is used to calculate the mass flow and energy of the steam.
- Providing the return line contains only condensate and is free of steam, it is possible to measure the return energy only by measuring the temperature of the condensate.
- In addition to display both the feed energy and return energy, Contrec 415C calculate and display the Net Energy used.
- The steam computer relies on the system being loss free in which case the mass of steam in the feed line with equal the mass of condensate in the return line.
- For saturate steam, the system allows the use of either a temperature or pressure sensor, rather than requiring both sensors.
- Steam and condensate energy are calculated used the 1967 IFC Formulation (ASME) equations to determine the specific weight and enthalpies.
WIDE RANGE OF FLOWMETER INPUTS
- The steam computer accept inputs from a wide range of flowmeters, which including vortex, turbine, orifice plate, averaging pitot tubes, wedges and target flowmeters.
- A scaled output, suitable for a driving remote totalisers is a standard feature, while options include an isolated 4-20mA re-transmission, high and low flow alarms and RS232/422 output.
- The pulse output, 4-20mA re-transmission and alarms will operate on the net energy.
RS232/422 OUTPUT ENABLES DATALOGGER OPERATION
- The RS232/422 option will output all parameters displayed and has the unique ability to print flow rates and totals as programmable time intervals.
- Therefore, it enables the 415C to function as a data logger when used in conjunction with a printer or other storage device.
- Protocols are available as standard roll and column printers as well as for computer interfaces. A real time clock provides date and time.
- In addition, the total is resettable via the front panel, after each print or at 24:00 hours.
EASY TO READ BACKLIT ALPHANUMERIC DISPLAY
- Parameters are enter via the front panel keypad.
- Contrec 415C is fully programmable.
- The backlit alphanumeric display simplifies programming and provides a clear indication of all parameters, as well as engineering units.
The Contrec steam computer accepts most flowmeter inputs including:
- Frequency producing flowmeters such as vortex, turbine, or positive displacement
- Volumetric flowmeters with 4-20mA outputs such as vortex or turbines with a frequency to current converter on the output
- Differential Pressure devices such as orifice plates, averaging pitot tubes, wedges, cones, elbows or target flowmeters, where a square law relationship applies
- Linear Differential Pressure devices where the 4-20mA output is directly proportional to the flow rate
- Non-Linear Differential Pressure devices such as laminar flow tubes or VA meters. A 20 points correction curve is programmable for compensating non-linearities in the flowmeter.