Contrec 430D Batch Controller, Pulse/Frequency InputLast Updated: 19/07/2018
Usually ships in 1 to 2 weeks
Buying offline? Contact Us or know more about us!
Contrec 430D Frequency Input Batch Controller Product Highlights
- Contrec Batch Controller is sui for applications where precise measurement and control of variable batch quantities.
- The instrument is extremely flexible and easy to operate. Batches can start, pause, stop and reset via four operational keys.
- A 12 key numeric keypad to enter batch quantities and calibration parameters.
- Batch Total, Flow Rate, Accumulated Total and Preset Value is displayed in engineering units on the green LED display.
- Contrec 430D will accept most frequency and pulse signals, including mV outputs from turbine flowmeters, and two-wire proximity switch outputs.
- With slow closing valves, the Automatic Overrun Compensation of the 430D will automatically compensate for any overrun.
- An RS232 and RS422/485 option is available for interfacing to computers and printers.
- Software drivers are included for a number of printers and can print a ticket with time and date, a sequential delivery/batch number and the batch and accumulated totals. An header for the ticket can also be print optionally.
- Contrec 430D can be configured during calibration to operate as a Rate Totalizer as distinct from a batch controller.
- In this mode the RUN, STOP and Batch Set keys perform no function. To toggle the display between Rate and Resettable Total press the RATE Key.
- By pressing and holding the Accum. key, whenever the instrument is not in data entry mode, the Accumulated Total will be displayed.
- Contrec batch controller will operate from 14 to 28V dc or from 110 to 220V ac mains.
- The facia is fully watertight to Nema 4X (IP65) and is resistant to most chemicals.
- A total conversion feature enables the rate to be displayed in one engineering unit (eg. gallons/minute) and the totals to be displayed in another engineering unit (eg. barrels).
- The 430D Batch Controler comes with panel mounting kit. Field enclosures are optionally available.
- Keypad operations are straightforward and four LED’s indicate the operational status at all times.
- The unique keypad simplifies operation, making the instrument suited to use by operators with minimal training.
- Four operational keys and a full numeric keypad on the front facia, enable the batch quantity to be set, and batch operations to be started, paused, stopped or reset.
- To set a batch quantity, the Batch Set key is pressed, and then the quantity is entered via the numeric keys. Once set, the Batch Set key is again pressed to return to Run mode.
- The batch quantity can only be set while the instrument is in a non- operational state such as when the batch is complete or paused. Once set, the batch quantity will be retained in non-volatile memory and will not alter until changed by the user.
- To check the batch quantity while a batch is in progess press the Batch Set key.
- Pressing the RUN key to start the batch. The Run LED will light and the instrument will begin to totalize from zero or, if programmed for the count down mode, the display will decrements from the batch quantity.
- Pressing the STOP key to stop the batch at any time by pressing the STOP key. To continue the batch press the RUN key, or to abort the batch press the STOP key again.
- PAUSE LED will light when the batch is interrupt, while if the batch is aborted the Stop LED will light.
- Two ways to reset the 430D Batch Controller. By manually pressing the Reset key, at the end of a batch, the Batch Total will be reset to zero (if programmed to count up) or to the preset quantity (if programmed to count down).
- When Auto Reset is programmed, hence the Batch Total will automatically reset when the RUN key is pressed.
- One or two stage valve control
- Two output relays provide control for single or dual stage valve operation. The first relay will energise at the start of the batch, and de-energise when the batch is complete.
- The second relay can be programmable to energize at a set time after the start, and to de- energise at a set quantity prior to completion of the batch. This feature enables a slow startup and slow shutdown of the flow.
- Contrec Batch Controller is programmable count up from zero or down from the batch quantity.